Sunday 1 June 2008

Williams not touring 'any time soon'

Singer Robbie Williams has told his fans that he will not be touring again "any time soon".
In a blog, posted on his official website, Williams also said that he probably won't release a new album in 2008.
The singer said in the posting: "There might not be a proper album out this year and there definitely won't be a tour any time soon."
Referring to his last tour, he said that the non-stop concert dates "nearly killed" him.
He also said: "There will be some kind of something this year. I might just put the B-sides to the next album out first online. Then put an album out in 2009. Which means you won't be seeing a lot of me on stage for a while."
"I do have to say, the more time I'm spending away from public life, the more I like it. Unfortunately I have a massive competitive urge that wants me to put out three albums a year."